12/03/2006

brilliant science fiction by Cory Doctorow

You don't even have to buy his books if you don't want to kill trees or can't afford to, since he gives them away on his web site. For my part, I'm still attached to the romance of physical print for at least some of my pleasure reading. Yes, I'm anachronistic that way, and I feel guilty about the waste.

Anyway, starting in the middle of last week, I read his second novel, 'Eastern Standard Tribe'. His blog for it is at http://craphound.com/est . It was so good that, within minutes of finishing it, I wrote him a thank you email and then went to the bookstore (even though I could download them), braving the holiday shoppers, to buy his other work.

So, now, I'm reading his first novel, 'DOWN and OUT in the Magic Kingdom', available at http://craphound.com/down . Although I read the first chapter yesterday, I basically spend the entire day working, so I started reading it this morning. I'm halfway done. I expect that it won't last the afternoon at the rate I'm devouring it.

His most recent (and third, I believe) novel, 'Someone Comes to Town, Someone Leaves Town' (http://craphound.com/someone) is queued beside my bed. Since Monday and the start of the work week that accompanies it will soon be here, it might last into next weekend. This guy needs to write faster... ;-)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never heard of him. I'll have to check him out. Maybe I could borrow your book(s).

On another note, I'm almost done with finals. 3 down and 1 to go!

12/11/2006 10:29:00 PM  
Blogger Eccentric Cycles said...

Oops. I liked them so much that I pretty much gave each of them away as soon as I was finished reading it so that others could experience them. I'll ask Marc tomorrow if he's finished "Down and Out...". Also, they're all available for download for free.

1/15/2007 07:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home