5/09/2006

pad, pedals, prospects

In less than one week, I can move to my new apartment. One of the big reasons I decided I have to move is so that I can have a bicycle commute back in my life. Living a three minute walk from the office just doesn't allow this.

The irony, however, is that the company I work for appears to be rapidly going out of business, and I'm starting to face up to the very real likelihood that I'll need to look for another gig. *sigh*

Anyone know of cool work for a rock star computer nerd located close enough (but not too close) to South Central Austin complete with shower facilities so that I can spend the time and effort to arrive sweaty and happy (and hopefully shed the pounds I've acquired since I stopped commuting)?

Okay, I've already got a list, but it's not necessarily "cool": AMD, Cirrus Logic, ARM, Luminary (okay...kind of cool, actually), Legerity, Silicon Labs...what am I missing?

3 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

you should ride your bike across america and raise money. that would rock. except for you might get lonely. and wet. and hungry. well, i suppose you could spend some of the money on crackers and a disposable poncho.

5/18/2006 03:06:00 PM  
Blogger Eccentric Cycles said...

Yeah, you're right. I've often said that, when/if I move away from Austin, I want to ride to wherever it is I'm relocating to.

Anyway, I'm already an extreme workaholic. We don't get lonely... ;-)


-- Tahoma

5/19/2006 07:00:00 AM  
Blogger Eccentric Cycles said...

"Is that a Sears poncho?" Why, yes, FZ, it is...right on top of my Camarillo brillo.

1/15/2007 07:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home