11/17/2007

motorcycle boot camp begins

In thanks for our hard work and the many amazing products we've recently released, the company I work for gave everyone the entire week of Thanksgiving off. I'm going to use this time to create my own personal motorcycle boot camp.

For the next nine days, I'm going to practice as much as I can every day, building from where my MSF class left off to the point where I can start safely commuting on surface streets to work.

It's a relatively modest goal but a very important one. If I can get to the point where I can commute on the Monster, then I'll be able to actively add experience every day rather than just on weekends or occasional evenings. Immersion is invaluable.

Fortunately, there's a rather large parking lot just a block or so from my house to start out on. Of course, I'll have to ride in traffic in order to get there, but the streets I need to navigate are relatively sedate, so I should be okay.

The one downside to all of this is that I should probably be using this time to go visit dear old friends in Austin, since I haven't been back yet since I moved to the Bay Area last March. I hope they'll understand and forgive me later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home