11/24/2007

fast curves...and back again

Today I headed South out of San Jose, first on Monterey Hwy and then on US 101, to reach Hwy 25, which I chased down until I found its tail end and then rewound my path back home again.

While taking a break before turning around, I was passed by a flock of a couple dozen Goldwings, and I subsequently played leapfrog with them on the way back North toward Hollister.

Hwy 25 was great for practicing correct execution of leaned turns at highway speeds, including numerous S-turns where the bike needed to be rapidly leaned from one side to the other.

The odometer shows that I've traveled 600 miles over the last seven days; my goal of having a thousand miles of experience by the end of boot camp is still well within reach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home